Sunday, December 05, 2004

Terrible Day at the Field

Its Sunday and as usual i woke up only at 11AM. By the time i woke up, Nissy had already ordered for chicken and started cooking. With the smell of it tempting me, i went straight for my Brunch. But Fish Curry was the one which i had to go with. I couldnt enjoy it yesterday and compensated it today. On calling Ajith Uncle, i realised that the Carol practise is at 2.30 and not the usual 6 O' Clock timing. Nissy had a light doze and in the meantime i took my bath and changed to my Cricket clothes. I left her at the Little Mount Residence(where the carol practise was held) and i reached the ground by 3.30. I was in time as planned. For the third consecutive time, we lost the toss and Vijay is becoming a Ganguly now. Sreeni again started the bowling procedures as Balaji was not present. We were again short in number and we played with 10. I bowled the second and fourth overs and i got a wicket and a runout. I just gave 7 runs and that wasnt bad in the scenario. We continued taking wickets and contained them till the 8th over when the score was just 32. Then for the first time, i was called by the Captain to bowl the third over and thats where everything started going wrong. The Left Handed Batsman at the crease completely changed my Line and i gave away 3 boundaries and a Wide. That was my First Wide of this seasons cup. I felt very bad and out of confidence and somehow wanted the match to finish off quickly. They scored just 74 in the end, and we reached there with more than 3 overs to spare. Thanks to our Batsmen..they saved me. Came back by around 5.45. Ammachy had came back and when i reached home, Nissy was with her. In the evening, we tried to get Jithu so that we all could go for a movie. But it didnt work out. :(. And that resulted in a fight and the day went off quickly.

No comments: